Columbus Vegetable Oils
Columbus Vegetable Oils, one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of food-grade shortenings, lipids and oils.
Establish a national brand reputation for a family-owned company that was already well-known locally and regionally as a high-quality supplier. Give special attention to a new line of dressing and sauces for the foodservice market.
Content and media relations outreach promoted the company’s oils’ expertise and their insightful subject matter experts to media and at trade shows that most influenced the brand’s business prospects and customers
- A buzz-worthy media campaign surrounded the launch of the new sauces and dressings at the National Restaurant Association show
- CBD also created a Facebook presence for a specialty division selling oils for artisan soap-making
- In under a year, the PR team secured placements that accrued over 640,000 gross impressions against targeted trade audience of key influencers, potential business partners and current customers
- The company’s line of Butcher Boy sauces and dressings received a warm welcome at the National Restaurant Association show due to a clever “lunch box press kit” mailing to key media ahead of the show
- In six months, the Facebook page grew to nearly 2,000 fans, with active engagement and comments (Fan growth was all organic—no paid ad words or Facebook advertising)
CBD PR & Social Media services included:
- Strategic brand messaging
- Trade media relations
- Trade show support
- Product launch support
- Press kits
- Social media platform development
- Social media content
- Social media community management
- Content marketing
- Brand storytelling
- Tracking and reporting
This case study features our retainer-based public relations and social media program. CBD’s fully integrated initiatives for Columbus Vegetable Oils also incorporated brand services and creative services.