The North American analyst and advisory teams for Rabobank, a global financial leader in the food and agriculture industries.
Rabobank sought media exposure at a very high level for its experts. The goal was a consistent drumbeat of appearances and interviews that would position the bank — and its individual analysts and execs — as industry thought leaders and key influencers with their C-suite bank customers and prospects.
Despite a strong team of food and agriculture experts, Rabobank wasn’t attracting consistent attention from high-level business media. Reports written by the experts were sometimes ignored by industry media and “in the moment” news opportunities were not capitalized upon.
In short, without a plan for high-level media outreach, placements were often random, if at all.
CBD developed a strategic media relations plan with established KPIs tied to business objectives. The team ensured that insights from multiple subject matter experts would be leveraged for maximum impact. For social media, an amped-up engagement strategy built followers and interaction with clients, prospects and key influencers.
In addition to targeting top-tier business media, CBD:
- Leveraged our long-term relationships with food and ag trade publications
- “Newsjacked” by staying on top of industry trends and offering commentary from bank experts who put breaking news events in perspective for reporters and editors
- Grew social media audiences through targeted content and influencer outreach
In short order, placements in Reuters, Bloomberg, Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Financial Times and influential vertical-industry trade media were obtained. Experts became “regulars” with key industry reporters, who sought commentary when working on related stories. Soon after, reporters from CNBC, USA Today and other publishers sought out their expertise.
Outreach focused on reports that included exclusive analysis from the bank’s experts. In addition, CBD made sure analysts’ POVs were offered to reporters when major industry news was being made, such as mergers/acquisitions involving the top food and beverage companies in the world.
We also created content on the bank’s website and social media channels that aligned with the strategy, positioning individual analysts and execs as thought leaders.
Specific results included:
- 9 million earned media impressions in six months against C-suite and business influencer audience
- Steady stream of media interviews that surpassed KPIs quarter after quarter
- Tremendous social media growth, especially on LinkedIn, which saw a 90 percent increase in followers over the course of one year
CBD PR & Social Media services:
- Media strategy
- National business media relations
- Trade media relations
- Social media strategy
- Social media community management
- Event-related PR and social media
- Custom content development
- Tracking and reporting