Whirlpool Corporation, the number one large appliance manufacturer in the world.
Whirlpool Corporation, which markets Amana, Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, and other major brand names, sought a more successful and integrated media, social media and content strategy to reach trade professionals in the Contract Channel. Key audiences include residential and multifamily builders, remodelers and influencers such as architects and designers.
Frequent high-value trade magazine placements, a more effective social media strategy, relevant website content and overall share of voice were priorities for the company.
In addition, Whirlpool Corporation wanted to show B2B audiences that it is the technology leader in a crowded marketplace of appliance makers.
CBD developed a fully integrated marcom program that tied together ongoing media relations, trade show outreach, social media and content engagement across all five brands in the portfolio.
Media outreach focus areas included:
- New product launches
- Partnership announcements
- Thought leadership outreach with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support new products and partnerships as well as the corporations innovation approach
For example, CBD worked extensively with the SMEs for Whirlpool’s Global Design Team for PR and integrated marketing efforts. The changing design of Whirlpool’s five brands of appliances and how those designs are reflecting the needs of consumers are among the most important aspects of our outreach strategy. CBD has also produced videos of top design thought leaders that are part of media outreach, social media and web-based content efforts.
CBD also embarked on a digital-focused campaign to position Whirlpool’s tech subject matter expert, the corporation and its brands as industry thought leaders around product launches and new partnerships with Apple, Amazon and others.
On social media, CBD provides content for the Whirlpool corporate Twitter account. Also, CBD strategizes content, real-time engagement and reporting for four sponsored Twitter Chats with kitchen and bath design influencer, Stacy Garcia and her KB Tribe. Different Whirlpool products are mentioned during these lively sessions on topics related to kitchen and bath design trends. Consumers as well as designers, contractors and builders participate.
CBD consistently exceeds goals across all KPIs set with the client, including media placements and share of voice.
Specific results included:
- More than 150 earned media placements with 100 mm gross impressions in first year
- Dozens of trade show interviews with media influencers at trade shows each year
- In four KB Tribe sponsored Twitter chats in one year, 10.3MM reach and 9 million+ Twitter impressions; have become a trending topic in some of the chats
- Exclusive Q&As and bylines with SMEs in top trade publications
- Online advertorials published through trade magazines, building impressions and SEO
- Dozens of placements about new digital partnerships in 2017 and 2018 in influential trade publications
- Value-add content for new Contract Channel website Whirlpool Pro (See here)
In 2017, CBD received an award from PRSA for a Full-Year Integrated PR Program
CBD PR & Social Media services:
- Media strategy
- Trade media relations
- Social media strategy
- Social media community management
- Event-related PR and social media
- Custom content development
- Tracking and reporting